Tuesday, September 22, 2009

God of Thunder

Wake up Raina, there's a storm across the valley.
I live my life in Colorado its like none I've ever seen.
And every time a bolt of lightening strikes you can see across the field.
And the meadow lights up like a dream and the thunder rolls around the peaks from Denver to Pagosa springs.
And here we are so breathe it in open your eyes for God of thunder is writing on the skys.
Feel the power and taste the rain for all of nature echos your refrain to the God of thunder.

This is the beginning to a song by Danny Oertli. He had a very hard life, his first wife died suddenly after having their first son. And Raina came into his life after his first wife died.

This song just gives me goose bumps. Thunder storms are a beautiful testiment to God's power. Why do I still so often rely on my own power? He controls the sun and the moon. I can barely control my car, haha.

Lord, fight for me and I'll be still.

1 comment: