Sunday, September 27, 2009

Growing up

Sometimes I envy kids, they have no cares... Fashion? who cares. Hygiene? when mom makes me. School? fun slightly time consuming acvtivity. Siblings? the best friends who are always there. Discipline? sitting on daddys lap talking about the coloring on the wall, maybe getting a spanking, then a hug. Morning? running into mom and dads bed and laying between them talking while daddy gets ready to go to work. Why couldn't I have appreciated it more!? I loved my childhood, I have the greatest parents, and my sister was my constant buddy. My little brothers were awesome. I would love to be 7 again for a day.

I never envy jr. high kids. That period of life is meant to get through, just an awkward time!

Highschool? it was so/so. I'm loved it during the time, it just kept getting better. But looking back, I don't think I would do it over. Except maybe hang out with the younger people sooner.

College? Is awesome, and horrible all at the same time. I love watching families grow. I was hanging out with my boyfriend and his family and its just fun when siblings grow up and interact. I have also noticed this with my family although my family is "young" none of the kids are married yet, and being far away Cam doesn't hang out with us very often. But as we all grow up we just have fun, everyone of us has a different sense of humor. We laugh. A lot. Every stage of life is good.. maybe not fun but its good. Although I would still take a day as a kid again.

And the one thing that is always true.

The future is as bright as the promises of God.

2 comments:

  1. everything about this post made me smile :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I love this! =) It's so true, (the part about being a kid again)! There are days where I would love to go back. haha.

    ReplyDelete