Sunday, February 14, 2010

Heros


Two days ago if you would've asked who my hero is I would've said Jesus, and my dad. They are the only two men in my life who had actively and extensively put their well-being on the line to keep me safe. That all has changed.

Well... not really, Jesus is still number one and I can't say that my dad has moved to number 3, he's more like number 2.b. now :) but there is a new man on the list. I've loved him for almost 2 years, I have trusted him completely, been best friends with him, laughed and cried with him, and dated him. But Yesterday my WHOLE life, and my entire well being was in his hands, and he kept me safe. Nothing in our relationship has changed except that he actively protected me, I have no idea how many things he has protected me from simply by being by his side, I was so trusting of people... too trusting? I don't know if there is such a thing. But I was so naive about the sin of this race called human. Its disgusting really.

1 comment:

  1. I'm SO thankful you're safe. That is such a horrible experience.

    I wish we could've talked more while you were in town.

    I LOVE YOU. COME BACK TO KC SOON!!!

    ReplyDelete