Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Confession.

I'm not perfect. AH shocker I know haha. But no, I fail. Daily.

It gets really old really fast. I am thankful for forgivness and understanding of my parents, my siblings, my friends, and most all my God.

But I wonder sometimes... why do I continue to do these failings? Now, somethings I am able to tackle for a while anyways (1 month and counting, MH) while other things I can't. Or I just don't want to. Maybe a little bit of both.

I know I can't do anything without Christ and the Holy Spirit. But what about the "grey" areas? Things that SEEM wrong, but don't FEEL wrong. Things that I want to do but would never tell anyone about.

What about lying? Something we all do, but shouldn't. Something I am working on.

Or laziness (case in point, writing this when I should be putting dinner away)

Or the bigger things too. Sometimes I wonder how I can be a follower of Christ and still struggle with such pervasive sins. I confess them to God, and ask forgiveness, and sometimes resist. But there are just so many times that I have failed.

Lord, forgive me.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE YOU.

    I'm so thankful for forgiveness and grace, too.

    Resist. FLEE. :)

    ReplyDelete